Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I Refuse Normalcy

Being 18 and a senior in highschool, I just graduated. I can tell you though... I already miss school. Knowing that I'll have to get a job now and become a bit more normal... it's not what I want. The job part is okay, I just do not want to be normal. Ever. Normalcy is boring. Normalcy is what the kids at youth group who were laughing at me for wearing my elf ears and Victorian dress have. They are scared to be different, scared to be daring. I won't let that happen to me.

I won't let myself become normal. 
I refuse to. 
I will continue living this faerie tale. I am a princess. I live in a beautiful home which is my palace, with the king and queen, my parents, and my brother, the prince of the land. I have a wonderful, amazing, unique, handsome boyfriend who is my prince charming.

If you are scared to not be "normal", I suggest you give it a try first. Go do something you would like to try or something you love, something that you think others might laugh at you for. Ballet, drawing, writing, baking, whatever. Find what makes you unique and don't be afraid to flaunt it. Whatever you do, refuse to be "normal." We have too many normal people on earth. Be unique. You have amazing, inspiring ideas that are all your own. Do something with them. That is a challenge. I, Princess of Dragonia, challenge you to be different, to use your ideas to help yourself be unique and to help show the world that being one-size-fits-all will not work for you.

So... What are you waiting for? Get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment