Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

   This is a blog post that I post all my own views. I have no affiliation with Nintendo (though I wish I did) and the following views are all my own.

   The Legend of Zelda series has long been my favorite video game series. Ever since I was a little girl (around 4 or 5) I have been playing it and before that I would watch my daddy play it. It has gorgeous graphics, an engaging storyline, incredible game play, and epic music. It's just not a game about shooting or killing. In The Legend of Zelda, you're trying to save a princess, the Princess Zelda. You must battle ferocious foes and dungeon bosses using items obtained on your quest (usually from said dungeon). Not only that, but there are also puzzles you must figure out to continue through the game. In most of the Legend of Zelda's there are secrets (doors, dungeons, caves, etc) that you can find.

   The game is just over all amazing. My first Legend of Zelda was The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past. Now Nintendo is remaking it... Sort of.
I think it'll probably be a different story line, considering what I have seen of the footage below. I think there'll be different bosses and new characters, plus new mini-quests.
In the footage below it says that you will be able to rent your equipment (bow, hammer, etc) and eventually buy it, so you have to decide what to use with how much money you have. It doesn't say you won't get any of your items in the dungeons, but that you will be able to use the items from the shop in the dungeons. This gives the game more of a free form, more of an open storyline and roleplaying feel.
   You most likely won't be able to skip a castle because of whatever treasure you need to collect (A key? A stone? A piece of the Triforce? A metal?) will be in that castle. You will, however, be able to choose how you advance through the story, meaning (at least what I got from the video) that you'll be able to choose your dungeon order.

I cannot wait until it comes out!

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is coming out November 22nd. It will be avalible for the Nintendo 3DS.

                                                  Video shared with Creative Commons Attribution License.  

No comments:

Post a Comment